Immigration to Malaysia

If an applicant has a family member in New Zealand and holds New Zealand citizenship, applicant is allowed to enter New Zealand to stay. However the family member in New Zealand should sponsor applicant.It is necessary for the applicant to a part of anyone of the following class;

Partner– is spouse or common-law partner having a Permanent Residence of New Zealand.
Dependent Children– applicant is a dependent child of a parent holding citizenship of New Zealand.
Parent– applicant is a parent of child who is a permanent resident of New Zealand.
Parent Retirement Category– applicant has a child who is a New Zealand resident and applicant is able to invest NZ$1 million in New Zealand for 4 years.
Sibling or Adult Child– candidate is a brother, sister or adult child of New Zealand resident.

If candidate is a permanent resident of New Zealand, applicant may be capable to support the partner’s application or sponsor his/her dependent child, brother, sister, adult child or parent


If an applicant is a partner of New Zealand citizen and want to move to New Zealand to accompany the partner, applicant will be needed to submit an application for residence in New Zealand. It is necessary that the partner is a resident and support the application.

If candidate wants to support his/her partner’s application, it is important for applicant to be a resident of New Zealand or eligible to support the application of partner. To support residence application of partner, applicant should

Submit evidence of immigration status.
Meet character criteria.
If applicant is 17 or above, attach police certificates from any country in which applicant has lived for a year or more in 7 years prior to making an application, New Zealand is not included in these countries.

Dependent Child

If applicant is a child and wants to enter New Zealand to reside with his/her parents, applicant will be required to apply for residence in New Zealand. However, it is mandatory that parents living in New Zealand must be a resident of the country.

If a candidate wants to bring his/her child to New Zealand applicant should be a New Zealand resident, living in New Zealand, and be eligible. Being a parent applicant should;

Legally a permanent resident of New Zealand
Provide proof of the status of residency.


If the applicant is a parent and wills to travel to New Zealand to be with his/her child children, applicant is required to submit an application for stay in New Zealand. However, it is also required that the child or children holds citizenship of the country and are eligible to sponsor.

Disclaimer: applicant’s sponsor should be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of permanent residence group visa for at least 3 years instantly prior to the date the complete action is received by Immigration New Zealand.

Sponsoring Parents

If an applicant want to sponsor parents, he/she should be a citizen of New Zealand along with being qualified to sponsor his/her parents. Being a sponsoring child applicant needs to complete a Sponsorship Form for Residence in New Zealand through which applicant;

   Affirm he/she meet the criteria.
–  Affix proof of his/her immigration status.
  Add evidence that he/she or applicant’s partner meet the least income criteria.

Parent Retirement Category

Criteria to immigrate through a parent retirement category are;

Adult child; Applicant must have an adult child living in New Zealand or is a citizen of New Zealand.

Center of Gravity; The center of gravity of the family should be in New Zealand.

Investment and Settlement Funds and Assets; Applicant should propose funds or assets equal to minimum NZ$1 million for investment funds, NZ$ 0.5 million for settlement funds or assets are owned by applicant or jointly by applicant and his/her partner or dependent child.

Candidate will be required to submit conformable documents to show that the funds candidate transfer to New Zealand came from the funds or assets that applicant propose. In addition, applicant will require placing investment funds in adequate investments in New Zealand.


We at TIMES CONSULTANT offers our best services to help guide and make you succeed in your Visa Application. Our years of experience and trained and professional counselors are known for being most informative consultants and have track record of most successful cases. If your query is related to immigration then please send us an email at your contact details along with short profile and our senior executives will inform you about assessment outcome shortly. For all matters our processing team performs a detailed assessment on applicant’s profile and reviews your age, education, profession, work experience, personal assets and other necessary requirements to respond properly.

Feel free to contact us for more information about different universities, entry criteria, scholarships, admission and visa process contact your nearest Times Team. No appointment is needed for student visa information. Please reserve your appointment for any other information by calling at 0300 8249640 or by email at

Other Malaysia Visa Categories

cate small student
cate small business
cate small visit
cate small work
cate small depend