10 Fully Funded scholarships: Tuition fees + £1,000

Cranfield University Manufacturing is offering ten scholarships, with the aim to contribute to the educational progression of global professionals with the capabilities required to lead Manufacturing into the future.

Application deadline: 15 March 2018

If you have the academic ability, desire and demonstrate potential to become a future leader in manufacturing you can apply for the Cranfield Global Manufacturing Leadership Masters Scholarship that will incorporate the course tuition fee plus £1,000 cash.
Cranfield University Manufacturing Master’s Programmes have helped to develop many leaders through the intense, 12 month learning that bring synergies between academia, industry and policy makers. Our Alumni are in senior positions globally.

The following Cranfield full-time Manufacturing programme MSc courses are eligible:

Manufacturing Technology and Management Programme

  • Advanced Materials
  • Manufacturing Technology and Management
  • Applied Nanotechnology
  • Aerospace Materials
  • Welding Engineering

Manufacturing Systems and Management Programme

  • Aerospace Manufacturing
  • Cyber-secure Manufacturing
  • Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems
  • Global Product Development Management
  • Management & Information Systems

  1. Why is Germany best study destination for me to study abroad?

Well, German universities are among the top ranking in the world right below a few of the prestigious British universities and the American Ivy League. You’ll be having a formal degree which would be recognized all over the world.

Obviously, such standard of education is provided to local and international students at zero tuition fee or at the very nominal fee at the most state or public funded universities.

A wide range of programs are available in the English language at Master degree level and also for most Bachelor Programs.

Most importantly, the guiding principle of the German higher education is ‘The Unity of Teaching and Research’ and there is a strong emphasis on hands-on involvement on the part of the student and ‘apprenticeship’, in both the practical application of a large part of what gets learned through researching novel ways of problem-solving and theoretically (at ‘Fachhochschulen’ and at many other universities, access to cutting-edge research facilities is available).

Finally, Germany is a country and culture with great importance all over the world, so almost every international student stands to boon greatly from familiarity with it.

  1. In order to get enrolled in a study program that is taught entirely in English, is it mandatory to have passed IELTS or TOEFL by the international students?

Yes, you need IELTS or TOEFL to apply for a program at a German university that is entirely taught in English. But in case, you already hold a Bachelors degree with English as the medium of instruction and you’re applying for a postgraduate program, then you may not need IELTS or TOEFL; however, these tests are strongly recommended to ensure admission and successful visa.

  1. Can I study in Germany while being taught in English?

There are a lot of International Degree Courses which are taught in English. For those students whose command of the German language isn’t good enough, they can opt to study in German after doing German language programs in Germany or at home country. Times Consultant is also one of Pakistan’s prestigious centres to provide German language classes in all major cities of Pakistan.

  1. If I have applied for a study program which will be taught entirely in English, then do I still need to come up with a proof of sufficient German language skills in order to be issued a visa?

No, it is not mandatory for you to know the German language if the exclusive language of instruction will be English; however, it is for your own good to have a little knowledge of German because it will take you a long way in your everyday life as a student.

  1. How many levels of German Language I may study in Pakistan before going Germany when I am aiming to study my degree in the German Language?

As for such student, it is not about passing any level but to understand the German language with such a proficiency that student may understand all lectures and may prepare all assignments in the German language. It is there obviously better to stay in Germany for a maximum duration of time to understand the accent of German and to use it in a more proficient way.

An example can be given as for those students who have completed all education in Pakistan in English language and reluctant to appear in IELTS without months of preparation you may also have a certificate of German language but may not able to use it with such a command so overall performance in the degree program may get affected.

  1. What is meant by the International Degree Courses?

International Degree Courses are such courses which have been introduced by institutions of higher education in Germany with the sole purpose of facilitating the process in such a way that the international student understands their educational objectives in Germany. Initially, the medium of instruction is English, but gradually the usage of German language increases.

These courses are available to both the international as well as German students. The courses have been designed with an express aim, to high academic standards, which covers both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes; 6 to 8 semesters results with a Bachelors degree while 3 to 5 semester’s results with a Masters degree and in some courses, 6 additional semesters lead to a PhD.

  1. What is ‘Studienkolleg’ exactly?

It is basically a one-year preparatory course, five days a week, which is joined by those students whose school leaving diploma is regarded insufficient to apply for a degree program, but they wish to study at a German higher education institution.

The course covers German language and full-time education, particularly in the subjects of a degree program.  You can qualify to apply for a degree program at any German university on the basis of your preference by getting a passing score on the final Assessment Examination.

  1. In order to attend a ‘Studienkolleg, what level of knowledge of the German language do I need?

To attend a ‘Studienkolleg, your German language skills are required to be at the B1 level (proof thereof is needed), which is considered an equivalent of almost 600 hours.

  1. What are the “Fachhochschulen,” (FH) and how they are different from a University?

Fachhochschulen (FH) or University of Applied Sciences (UAS), which offers specialisation in topical areas (e.g. business, engineering or technology), is different from a university because ‘Fachhochschulen’ do not award PhD titles. However, it offers Bachelors and Masters degrees just like other universities. In order to earn a Ph.D., one has to attend a postgraduate course at a university.

UAS or FH is suitable for those candidates who do not want to pursue an academic career, rather they are interested in the acquisition of practical experience as much as possible.

  1. Is there free access to libraries and computer facilities at German universities?

Most of the higher education institutions in Germany provide Internet access and email accounts for their students. Furthermore, the students who are there to study in Germany, are not required to buy a lot of reading materials on their own for the sake of their study courses, the reason being is that German universities have well-stocked libraries and archives that supply plenty of the titles that are mandatory reading for students.

  1. Are there deadlines for direct enrollment?

Normally, each year summer semester begins on April 1, the entrance application have to be submitted by January 15 and for the winter semester begins on October 1, so applications needed to be submitted by July 15. However earlier you apply, better the admission chances you will have in good universities.

  1. Who does the recognition and assessment of foreign earned degrees in Germany?

It is the responsibility of universities to assess degrees and academic credits for admission purposes. In assessing foreign higher education degrees and qualifications, the provision of recommendations that are country-specific is assisted by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) of the Conference of German Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK).

  1. What are good places, other than universities, to apply for a scholarship if I want to study in Germany?

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and German Research Foundation are some good places to start out when looking for scholarships. Because apart from offering scholarship programs they also give valuable advice on almost everything related to studying in Germany.

  1. Is it allowed to work while studying in Germany?

A student who is studying full-time in Germany is actually legally allowed to work a maximum of 120 full (or 240 half) days within a year, for which permission from German employment authorities is not required.

  1. As a foreigner, can I do a “Dual Stadium”?

Most of the universities in Germany offer “Duals Stadium”. Which makes it possible for the students to learn and practice what they have learned at the same time; they study theory at a traditional university and practice what they have learned at companies who are a partner with the university or a program, at the same time.

As a foreigner, you will most likely to work only 120 days out of the year. But as long as this is in agreement with your university’s program, you can actively participate in the highly successful Dual Stadium program.

  1. Can my husband/spouse who will accompany me in Germany work too?

Husbands/ spouses who are accompanying foreign students may be permitted to work under certain conditions.

  1. Would it be possible for me to bring my spouse and children to Germany while I am studying over there?

The family reunification is possible in case if you have a residence permit in Germany and the expected duration of your stay is longer than one year. However, you have to be able to support them, in order for them to join you in Germany without burdening social assistance in any way. Times Consultant does not recommend such reunifications as sole moto of a student should be focusing on his study.

  1. Will I be liable to pay taxes in Germany?

If your stay at Germany doesn’t exceed six months or/and if you haven’t earned more than €450 per month working in Germany, then you are exempt from having to pay taxes.  And if your annual gross income is less than €8,130 then at the end of the year you will get all the taxes you paid refunded back to you when you file your tax return with tax authorities.

  1. Do I have to open a German bank account?

In Germany, if you want to apply for insurance or if you are going to rent a flat then you have to provide the bank details by which they would be able to debit the money because paying it in cash is not possible. Therefore, it is recommended to open a German bank account. You can also use a credit card if you have one but cash cards are more common. Times Consultant can help you for such services.

  1. What about the validity of my driver’s license in Germany?

The validity is limited to six months in the case of foreign driver’s license. If you claim residence in Germany as a full-time student, then still after six months your driver’s license will expire. In order to drive legally in this scenario, you have to transfer your license. It depends on the country of issuance of your driver’s license, that whether you will be required to undergo the theoretical and driving tests administered by driving schools, for the transferring of your license, or not.

  1. Am I required to get a student visa to study in Germany?

Being a student of Pakistan, or as non-EU citizen student, you are required to apply for a visa to study in Germany in advance of planned departure for Germany through a foreign educational consultant like or at your own at the German embassy or consulate general in your country.

  1. What sort of documents is required when I apply for a student visa?

We will provide a detailed checklist of documents being demanded these days by the embassy and will explain about right documentation being expert foreign education consultant having Pakistan’s oldest for helping students for Germany visa process.

You can also inquire at the consulate general or German embassy.

Normally following documents need to be submitted so you have to arrange them in a timely manner:

  • Valid passport
  • Proof of your previous studies.
  • Proof of admission from your university.
  • Proof of your health insurance coverage.
  • Proof of possessing enough financial resources ( currently €8640)
  • Proof of your German language skills if much of your study is in the German language (or proof of your plans to attend a language course while in Germany).
  1. Do I have to send all of my original/certified documents along with the application or can they be copies instead?

Well, you have to send certified documents or certain additional documents, however, such as the proof of internship, etc. are exempt from that rule.

  1. In order to obtain a student visa, do I need some kind of financial proof other than the proof of getting admission from a German university?

In order to apply for a visa, if you do not have a full scholarship then embassy will ask for additional proof depending on your country of nationality. Ask Times Consultant for the latest financial requirement as it may vary for different provinces of Pakistan. Like student from Punjab and KPK may be asked to provide additional evidence of their financial capacity beside €8640.

  1. Do Germany Embassy interview student to issue the visa?


Yes, German Embassy may ask you some questions in English or in German after determining your language of instruction and level of language proficiency and questions are normally to ensure your genuineness to study in Germany. Times Consultant can help you to understand about such mock interview sessions.

  1. What if my student visa for Germany is refused?


Times Consultant can help you regarding this matter to guide you either you may reapply or lodge an appeal against the embassy decision.

  1. What are chances to get a student visa for Germany?

Normally, if you have a suitable qualification to gain admission in an acceptable program and demonstrate your genuine intention to study in Germany and have access to substantial finances then you will get a visa as for visa officer it is not major concern to understand about the availability of money next year tuition fee and living expense. This is because you will be allowed to work during study and there may not be any significant fee you have to bear for studying in Germany.

  1. What is initial visa duration for students from Pakistan?

Normally from Pakistan, a student gets an extendable six-month visa from the embassy.

  1. Once I complete my studies at a German higher education institution, the reason of the issuance of my student visa ceases to exit , do I have to leave the country immediately?

It is not necessary for you to leave the country immediately if you don’t want to. You can extend your study visa for further education or work.

  1. How can I be able to get the residence permit after student visa upon reaching Germany?

In order to stay for a longer period, you have to get a residence permit from foreign office, which is the responsible authority. In order to get a residence permit, one has to have a certificate of the enrollment from the university, registration from the authorities, valid health insurance contract and a proof of financing.

  1. Can an Intermediate from Pakistan is directly eligible for Bachelor programs in state funded universities with zero tuition fee?

It is not possible and the student has to undergo a  ‘Feststellungsprüfung’ assessment examination, after attending a Studienkolleg (preparatory course). This qualification “Studienkolleg” is offered free of cost at state universities but the student can also study at private institutions if not qualifying to study this program at universities due to the prior academic background or comparatively weak German proficiency. For more details consult Times Consultant to guide you about these qualifications.

  1. Have I seen some universities are asking for tuition fees in Germany? Should I pay?

If some university is asking for a tuition fee it will be comparatively low as compare to other developed countries. Also, the higher education institutions in only two out of the 16 federal states (Lower Saxony and Bavaria) were charging tuition fees of up to €500 per semester. But in October 2014, Germany decided to waive tuition fees in all the 16 provinces thus making higher education literally free of charge.

However, for Postgraduate courses (Master’s and PhD), one has to pay some extra costs, varying between €650 and a few thousand Euros per semester; it is advised by many foreign education consultants that the prospective foreign graduate students should do their due diligence.

  1. Are there any age restrictions to apply for postgraduate level study programs (Masters and PhD) in Germany?

No, there are no restrictions set on age for the candidates who want to study in Germany in the post graduate programmes. However, for the visa we need to understand there must be a valid reason to study in Germany at a certain age after some large gap in studies.

  1. What is the typical path to a PhD in Germany?

It is similar to other developed countries like New Zealand, Australia, UK or Canada that if the current degree of the candidate qualifies him/her for a doctorial program then after selecting the studying area, the candidate needs to find an academic supervisor/mentor (“Doktorvater” or “Doktormutter” in German), to guide the candidate throughout his/her research phase.

In order to find an academic supervisor, one can find different ways such as; online research of various scientific publications or through personal contacts of your professors which they may have in Germany.

After finding an academic supervisor successfully, the candidate has to get enrolled in a university program for several semesters to gain scientific experience and to work as an assistant, while researching and writing the dissertation.

  1. How can German universities determine equivalency of my higher education in Pakistan (like MPhil qualification) for admission in PhD Programmes?

For getting admitted for PhD in Germany, you need to hold a university degree and that should be equivalent to a degree gained at a German university. Equivalency of the degree is decided by the university in question and it is recommended for you to contact your chosen institute through the help of a foreign consultant or directly.

If you are willing to find more information about this then follow the link http://www.hochschulkompass.de/en/doctoral-studies.html.

  1. How to find out that my school-leaving qualification will be recognized?

In order to find that whether or not you are eligible for direct university entrance on the basis of your qualification and its reorganization, you have to enter your homeland and the qualification that you have obtained on the Anabin website (only in German). By doing so you will get a detailed explanation about the adequacy of your qualification.

  1. What is the basic admission/enrollment criteria at any German university and for other higher education institutions?

As a foreign student, you need to apply well in advance at the International Students Office directly or through some expert education counselors in order to consider your application.

Normally with the help of your previous academic record it is determined that whether it meets all admission requirements or not; At this stage you will need to produce proof of completion of secondary education (e.g. ‘Matura,’ high school diploma, ‘A-Levels,’ or proof of having passed a university entrance examination, if proof is required in your country) and that is an equivalent of Arbiter.

  1. How are German Universities ranked?

Each year, Germany’s most comprehensive ranking of higher education institutions is published by the Center for Higher Education Development (CHE). A detailed and differentiated view of the strengths and weaknesses of German higher education by subject areas is provided by the help of this multidimensional ranking, which uses up to 40 different indicators. This is further complemented by a research ranking which is published in every fall to provide information on the research contribution of German higher education institutions.

  1. Am I required to open a German bank account?

In Germany, if you want to apply for insurance or if you are going to rent a flat then you have to provide the bank details by which they would be able to debit the money because paying it in cash is not possible. Therefore, it is recommended to open a German bank account. You can also use a credit card if you have one but cash cards are more common.

  1. What kind of insurance do I need exactly to matriculate at a university?

There are two kinds of health insurances in Germany, the private and the public insurance. It is not possible for you to study at a university without insurance. Until your 14th term of study or up to the age of 30 years you normally have to be insured by a public insurance company. But if you would like to be insured with a private insurance then you may exempt yourself from the public insurance company. And for getting this kind of exemption you will need to go directly to the public insurance company before your enrollment at the University.

It is much worthy to notice here that, if you exempt yourself from the public insurance company then you won’t be able to be insured by them again, as long as you are a student.

  1. What do I need to do to find myself a residence in Germany?

If you want to have an apartment or a room in the student accommodation, you would have to contact your local Studentenwerk directly. You can also find the offers of accommodation, furnishing and the information on the prices on their website. The offers are ranged from simple rooms to flats for couples and even for students with children and students with disabilities.

  1. What facilities are normally provided at furnished residences?

The furnished rooms are equipped with a bed, a writing desk, shelving and a wardrobe. But the things like blankets, pillows,     bedding and towels are not provided. But this can be easily bought or rented as well. If you still can’t manage to get a flat after your arrival in Germany, then you are recommended to go to the Studentwerk, because they have an emergency accommodation available at the beginning of term generally.

  1. Will it be easy for me to travel around the country in Germany?

It is quite easy. Due to its outstanding public transportation network, you don’t need a car to get around in Germany, as driving on German autobahns is sheer pleasure. Moreover, the ICE high-speed trains, the suburban S-Bahn network, Deutsche Bahn AG, tram and subway lines cover together with the entire territory of Germany.

Taxi and bus services are also readily available. And for those who enjoy cycling, special cycling lanes and suitable places for parking are easily available. Domestic flights between all major cities are also increasingly being used.

  1. During my studies, where will I live?

Most German universities, unfortunately, do not offer accommodation to enrolling students. So, it’s all up to you to find accommodation for yourself. Since there is little to no tuition fees in Germany, therefore, rent is likely to be your biggest monthly expense, and variation in the amount of rent will depend majorly on which part of the country you live in. In student-oriented smaller cities such as Freiburg and Heidelberg and also in big cities within Western Germany (i.e. Cologne, Dusseldorf etc), you should expect to pay slightly more than if you were living in eastern Germany (i.e. Berlin).

  1. What is normally accommodation cost for a student in Germany?

When looking for accommodation in Germany, unshared apartment is the most expensive choice, so you should rather consider shared accommodation, student residences, or an apartment. This will generally cost in the range of about €350-400 (~US$300-340) a month. Shared accommodation would be cheaper at around €250-300 (~US$210-250) a month, while student residences are cheaper yet again at around €200-250 (~US$170-210) a month.

  1. What if I am struggling to find accommodation?

Times Consultant may give you student’s references sent through Times and are already livings in Germany and live closer to your University.  Otherwise for some temporary arrangement to cover your first few days or weeks in the country, an emergency housing may be provided by the university or you could try couch-surfing, staying in a hostel, B&B or hotel.

  1. I’ve already studied a few semesters in my home country and now I’d like to continue studying in Germany. Will the German university recognize my previous degree/ credits in its degree program?

Each German university is responsible for determining its own admission policies. That’s why you should ask the International Office at the German university of your choice whether you fulfill all the requirements for admission and how much of your previous academic work will be recognized. You can also discuss such queries about your individual qualification with Times Consultant.

  1. what is more suitable for a student to apply directly to German universities or using education consultants?

A student may be applying for the first time or will be taking the advice of some seniors who may have a different academic profile. A number of applications submitted at German universities are also increasing day by day so Times Consultant with having experience of over decade and placement of hundreds of students every year will count to pick best universities matching your profile and by processing application in very professional way. Even working on your SOP by our experts may increase your admission chance in the same university.

  1. Why may I study German language course at Times Consultant as compare to doing it at some other institute?

Best advantage Times Consultant provides is the availability of similar or even more qualified German Language teachers but those will be available full time to help you, unlike any other centre which will be just aiming to cover the course in any certain period of time. We provide student full flexibility to meet student needs and ability to understand a new language. In case the student is not able to appear in an exam or could not pass it due to any reason then still a student will be allowed to repeat his German language course without charging him any extra fee.

  1. What are my chances of immigration in Germany upon graduation?

Yes is it possible? Please visit this link to see more detail about opportunities of Immigration upon graduation in Germany.







Partner Universities


UCSI University has many partner universities associated with it and these are more than 22 in number, including the University of Melbourne, University of Queensland and University of Otago. With help of these partnerships, students can get a credit transfer and the benefit that they get out of it is in the form of a degree certificate being issued by the partner university, on the basis of requirements. Other collaborations include student and staff exchange, and other research activities.


  • Deakin University
  • Curtin University of Technology
  • University of Queensland
  • University of Melbourne
  • University of South Australia
  • RMIT University
  • Queensland University of Technology


United Kingdom


  • University of the West of England, Bristol
  • Northumbria University
  • Middlesex University
  • University of Central Lancashire
  • University of Portsmouth
  • University of Hertfordshire
  • University of Northampton
  • University of Huddersfield
  • University of South Wales




  • Dublin Business School
  • Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
  • Cork Institute of Technology
  • Griffith College
  • University College Cork
  • Institute of Technology Carlow
  • Dublin Institute of Technology
  • University of Limerick
  • Maynooth University
  • Waterford Institute of Technology



  • Kozminski University



  • University of Manitoba


New Zealand

  • University of Otago
  • Auckland University of Technology


Following are the partner universities/institutions at which some of the degree programms of UCSI University are conducted on 3+0 mode arrangements.



IBS College | Miri, Sarawak – Malaysia
B.A. (Hons) Business Administration

Institute of International Management Science | Kathmandu – Nepal
B.Sc. (Hons) Computing
B.A. (Hons) Hospitality Management


How Britain’s Minimum Wage Compares with The Rest of the World

As Ed Miliband pledges to increase the minimum wage in Britain, we can have a look that where exactly we stand as compared to the rest of the world.

Ed Miliband identified a problem with British economy and he claimed that, in the developed world, Britain has become one of the worst places for low paid workers. So, Ed Miliband has pledged to increase the minimum wage in order to help the five million lowest paid workers to escape poverty.

Ed Miliband also linked the minimum wage to average earnings. But research by the Telegraph shows that the rise in the minimum wage is actually faster than median earnings since its introduction in 1999.

Research shows that the Britain’s minimum wage rose 75 percent from £3.60 to £6.31 from the year 1999 to 2013 respectively, while the median wage for full-time workers for the same period rose from £17,803 to £27.017 which is just 50 percent.

The table below is based on the comparison of the minimum wage in a number of countries around the world and it shows that Britain is ahead of United States but it is behind France, Ireland and Belgium in this regard.


Australia: A$16.37 (£9.10 per hour)

France: €9.40 (£7.66 per hour)

New Zealand: $14.25 (£7.32 per hour)

Ireland: €8.65 (£7.05 per hour)

Germany: €8.50 (£7 per hour), from 2015

Belgium: €1,559.38 per month (£6.95 per hour)

UK: £6.31 per hour rising to £6.50 (in October)

Canada: C$9.95 (£5.45 per day)

US: $7.25 (£4.31 per hour)

Spain: €2.68  (£2.18 per hour)

Brazil: $2.11 (£1.25 per hour)

China: $1.19 (£0.71 per hour)

Russia: $0.98 (£0.58 per hour)

Mexico: $0.63 (£0.37 per hour)


MS in Canada

A master’s degree is a suitable selection for those students who wish to advance their awareness of a specific subject after completing their undergraduate degree. On completion of master’s degree programs, prospective students will be specialised within their field of interest that will give them the opportunity to have a well-paid job. Moreover, the nature of master’s degree is functional for preparing students to enter into the particular industry which will allow them to gain experience of research before starting a long PhD program.

Many students wish to study abroad to pursue their Master’s degree consults with the foreign education consultants for getting admission in a foreign prestigious university such as a Canadian university because it is an excellent approach to improve their probability on the job market or to enter into the research career of their dreams. For a student, to study internationally is much admired because most of the universities around the world tend to have the English language as a medium of instruction at master’s level which is far more welcoming for students to get the foreign education.


Master’s programmers are the most diversified with different specialisations and majors. However, here are some of the major types of Master’s degrees for students to decide which one is right for them to study abroad.

  • Graduate Master’s degree       

Graduate Master’s degree allow students to specialise in  major categories such as      Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc),  and  Master of Engineering (ME)

  • Business Master’s degrees

Those students who wish to pursue a higher level of expertise in the field of Business and Management will go for MBA and MIM degrees.

  • Executive Master’s degrees for top executive positions:

It is an advanced level of master’s degree planned particularly for executive professions. These degrees have time duration of 4 years in total, where first three years are designed for the undergraduate level and the final year pursued at the graduate level.


Generally, master’s degree is categorised into two types one is course-based (taught) and other is research-based. Usually, international universities offer a 2-year program.

In Course-based master’s degrees, subject modules taught through lectures, seminars, laboratory work or distance learning in the first year of study while the second year involved preparation of the thesis, internships and projects related to the subject of interest.


In research-based master’s degrees, students have to spend both years in carrying out their own research project(s) in a specific field of study.  In some cases, students have to spend a little longer time in Research based master’s degrees to complete.

Canada is considered as the world’s best study destinations because it has internationally renowned universities. Therefore, there is a significant rise in a number of international students registered in Canadian universities in past few years.


The procedure of admission depends upon on the province and the institution. Students are needed to do intensive research to know the entry requirements for the particular course they want to study and they can apply directly to the university. However, most of the universities have their legal representative such as foreign consultants who can provide guidance to the students.


The most vital requirements for international students to study in Canada are language proficiency test (such as IELTS) and adequate funds to cover their living expenses during the period of their studies.

Others requirements are a good score in undergraduate, GRE/GMAT, CV, statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from their university. Some universities require a research proposal from students before admission.


A massive number of students preferring Canada as study destination over other countries such as United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, United States and Australia because of obvious advantages of studying in Canada.

Many Canadian Universities focus on the increasing requirements of students by introducing diversified courses under one roof with improved knowledge and proficiency.

Canadian Universities are giving significant importance to the practical aspects of learning to enhance student’s skills in research and professional field.

As a result of abundant resources, many universities are incorporating new programs every year thus generating various competencies in education.


The upside is that along with affordable tuition fee, many funding options are also available all the way through a student’s educational period. Canada’s accommodation and other living expenses are also competitive.


Top-quality staff members give support to a student in his field of interest and to achieve this purpose, the world’s most excellent professors have been working collectively in Canadian universities.

Being a well-developed country, Canada has best gigs in employment opportunities in every potential field on completion of Master’s degree which leads to high quality of life along with a good income. Thus Canada has high Employment Rate.

Canada’s immigration and visa process are not strenuous which make it a more attractive place to study.

Canada is highly multicultural country accommodating people belongs to all backgrounds which indicate the tolerant level of society. So, In Canada, there are bright chances to get  Canadian permanent residency.


In many occupations, individuals holding Master’s degree have little advantage over individuals with Bachelor’s degree. Hence, for many students, Master’s degree is not a right option for their career goals.

In various fields, employers give more importance to previous work experience than Master’s degree. For instance, a master’s degree might develop your skills but in practical life, the excellence of work is far more important while someone will hire you.

A master’s degree provides growth opportunity in a career, but it is not the best choice for everyone. Especially, master’s degree from Canada will be a great option for those how are looking for overseas jobs. It will not be cost-effective if someone chooses to work in under developing country. That’s why it is obligatory to take account on all sides before reaching a conclusion.


MBA in Canada

Canada is one of the top destinations in the world for both domestic and international MBA students likewise. There are about 92 universities and more than one hundred seventy-five Technical Institutes and Colleges in Canada, featuring a range of professional, vocational and academic programs. In Canada,  MBA based programs are substantially affordable than pursuing the same degree in the US. For some of the top MBA schools, the tuition fees and cost of residence on an average, in America, is almost $80,000, which is much greater as compared to the cost in Canada for doing the same which is about $60,000.


Some of the courses in MBA are as follows which you can pursue while studying in Canada:

⦁    Finance and Accounting

⦁    MBA and CMA

⦁    Forestry and Agriculture.

⦁    Executive MBA

⦁    Health and Medical MBA

⦁    Hospitality and Tourism MBA

⦁    Human Resources MBA

⦁    International MBA

⦁    Master of Public Administration

⦁    Master of Management

⦁    Master of Business Administration

⦁    Part-time MBA

⦁    MBA and Law

⦁    Master of Science in Management

⦁    PhD in Management

⦁    Natural Resources and Energy MBA

⦁    Science and Technology MBA

⦁    PhD in Business Administration

⦁    Public and Service Management MBA

Duration For MBA

The MBA courses in Canada may vary in their duration. The course could be of either ten months or two years, or anywhere between this duration. All of the MBA related programs in Canada basically come under the umbrella of 3 categories that includes the combined, specialised and the generalised streams.

Admission Requirements/ Eligibilty Criteria

In order to pursue a MBA degree in Canada, it is must for a student to possess a four-year degree (undergraduate), GMAT score, work experience and for all those international students whose language of instruction in education  is not English, a proficiency test like TOEFL/IELTS or likewise, in English, would be necessary. Each school has it’s own required prerequisites and admission specifics criteria. But in most of the Canadian business schools, the minimum GPA requirement is between 3.0 and 3.5 or higher than 70% for getting admission in any MBA based program.

Top Colleges /Universities for MBA in Canada

⦁    McGill Faculty of Management, Montreal, Quebec

⦁    University of Western Ontario, Richard Ivey School of Business

⦁    Queen’s University, Queen’s School of Business, Kingston in Ontario

⦁    York University, The Schulich School of Business,  in Toronto

⦁    Simon Fraser University, Faculty of Business Administration, Burnaby at British Columbia

⦁    University of New Brunswick MBA, at Saint John

⦁   The University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business,  at Vancouver

⦁    McMaster University, Michael G. DeGroote School of Business,  in Ontario

⦁    The University of Calgary, at the Haskayne School of Business, in Alberta

⦁   The University of Victoria, the Faculty of Business, at B.C

TUITION FEE ( In Canadian Dollars)

The fee for tuition ranges from  $10,000 to nearly $25,000 Canadian dollars, every year. The fee goes up to  $ 35,000 Canadian dollars for some of the top schools, for the whole program.

Living Expenses

In Canada, the living expense ranges from  $7,200 to 11,000 Canadian dollars each year. But if you live in big cities such as Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal, these get even higher. However, the expenses also depend upon one’s lifestyle and numerous other things. Following division can be made for the major expenses:

  • Groceries: Ranging from $150 and $200/each month
  • Books and other Supplies: $1000/year
  • Sundry and Utilities: $300/each month


Job Opportunities in Canada for MBA’s

For degree holders of MBA in Canada, major Job opportunity categories are as following:

⦁    Legal jobs

⦁    Accounting and Consultancy jobs

⦁    Academic teaching, for all health related professions

⦁    Consultant jobs, Management and senior executive openings in leading companies

⦁    Canadian Government jobs

⦁    Management jobs

⦁    Academic jobs

⦁    Management jobs in publications, periodicals, print and electronic media

For degree holders of MBA in Canada, below categories has the highest demand  for the jobs:

⦁    Marketing

⦁    Product Management

⦁    Project Management

⦁    Sales Management

⦁    Executive Management

⦁    Sales professionals

⦁    Technical Management


Financial Aid and Scholarships

For pursuing an MBA degree in Canada, the financial assistance is quite limited and especially for the international students. However, some schools might offer scholarships on the basis of academic merit of the students, specifically for foreign students.

The aid awarded by an MBA institute is in the form of a part waiver in tuition fee and the students who receive such aids normally have great academic achievements or top scores in GMAT. But the scholarships don’t cover the whole study cost since a lot of people apply for such awards.

The determinants of Salary

You can get a salary of about $80,000 in Canada if you’re an MBA degree holder in Canada. However, there are some specific requirements in jobs which would affect the prospects of your salary such as:

⦁    The overall experience you have

⦁    Rather than jumping jobs, holding on to a job for a longer period of time (being stable)

⦁    Reputation of the institute from where you got your degree

⦁    Your field of interest while searching for the job

⦁    Demand/supply of the jobs for which you’re looking

⦁    Location of your employer


Career Prospects In Canada

According to the reports carried out through surveys, it is stated that almost 95% students who pass out with MBA degree, secure a job under six months of graduating. Those students who specialise in fields like international business or management and entrepreneurship are comparatively seen to be more successful. To achieve this objective, some of the top Canadian MBA programs follow a structured program module. There also are also plenty of opportunities for diversifying your career as well, like taking part in work on a co-operative basis with the public and private firms. Reasons for expansion and elaboration of overall opportunities for graduates of MBA in Canada are a part of the country’s growing economy. In Canada, graduates of Business Administration with a strong background of academic and industrial expertise prove themselves to be very worthy and valuable for the firms they get engaged in.


MBA at Alberta School of Business

Alberta Business school is located in Edmonton, Alberta which is one of the largest City of Canada and it is an amazing place with a population of around one million. Alberta Business school is amoung the top 10  school in Canada and one of the 100 best MBA school globally.

In order to get admission in Alberta School of business, following things are important

⦁    Your GMAT score should be more than 550

⦁    Your GPA should be greater than 3.0

⦁    You should have work experience of more than two years

⦁    You should have proficiency in English (TOEFL/IELTS)

⦁    For a typical entering class the average GPA is 3.3/4.0.

⦁    Admission rate is almost 40%.

⦁    For students who got admitted, average GMAT is around 620.

⦁    Average years of work experience is six years

⦁    Average Salary is about $72,500

⦁    Around 55% of entering class is from North America and 35% is from Asia.

Most important decision factors for admission are years of work experience and GPA, GMAT, other than that the quality of the academic background, statement of intent, references, extracurricular experiences and work is also of high importance.

For entire MBA, total tuition fees for residents is around $25,000 and for non-residents, it is  $50,000.

One of the glad tidings associated with the idea of studying in Canada is that most of the students get employment within Canada and also there is a fair chance that you might get some type of funding there. Other than that, studying in Canada always comes with the advantage of getting immigration by getting residence permit which is much easier if you complete higher education in Canada and that’s how you can earn extra points.


On particular to the interest of those who want to study in Canada, as Canada is an attractive destination for those who want to study abroad, is the amendments to legislation by the Canadian government. The legislation will help in reducing the period of the physical requirement to apply for Canadian permanent residency.

Changes to specific aspects of the selection system for Canadian immigration and how they may affect international students in Canada have come under the spotlight recently because the new legislation will allow international students to include time spent while studying in Canada in the application.

The new legislation will also restore a provision that will make it possible to give half of the credit on the time spent on study or work visa when applying for Canadian citizenship.

Under the previous Conservative government, a number of changes to the Canadian Immigration Act were brought into law in June 2015 as Bill C-24, which made eligibility requirements for those who went to Canada in order to study internationally and now seeking citizenship, more onerous than had previously been the case.

The controversial changes to the Bill C-24 not only increased the residency requirement from three years to four, but it also eliminated a special provision that allowed 50% of the time spent in Canada on study or work visa to be counted when applying for citizenship.

Recently, Immigration Minister John McCallum formally introduced his bill B-16, titled “An Act to amend the Citizenship Act”, to repeal the previous legislative changes under Bill C-24 which was introduced in 2015.

The legislative changes under Bill C-16 will intend to reduce the time required to be physically present in Canada to become eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada from three out of the previous five and four out of the previous six years, by the students who are either working or studying abroad in Canada.

The Minister was clear to the new government’s position and the intent of his new legislation for opening up greater opportunities for students who want to pursue their foreign education in Canada and those who want to seek Canadian citizenship. He alleged that “If I were asked what is the dumbest part of Bill C-24, I would say revoking the 50 percent credit for international students because international students are the perfect candidates to become Canadian citizens. And it makes no sense for Canada to punch them in the nose when we’re trying to attract them here in competition with UK, Australia and others?”